You will learn the basics of Yoga—the ABC’s—the sun salutation and basic sitting and standing positions. This course will help you master the basic vocabulary upon which most yoga traditions are based. With Yoga Basic, you can learn the basics of yoga in 90-minute sessions. You can start immediately and join at any time.
Yoga Basic is especially suitable for:
- Just trying out yoga
- quickly yet throughouly learning the basic elements of yoga
- finding out how to adapt yoga exercises to your body flexibility and day.
- getting a feel for how different exercises have different physical and mental effects
We recommend Yoga basic for:
- Those coming from other yoga styles
- As a preparation for those wanting to learn the dynamic styles of yoga (Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow)
- Sun Salutation: simple form. The Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara) is an essential part of the traditional yoga practice. It stretches all limbs, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. At the same time, it works the internal organs and glands and thus activates the entire body.
- Basic standing and sitting positions: the special effects of the positions, you know which positions are particularily important for you.
- You will learn to adjust the basic positions to your physical fitness and flexibility, so you’ll know in any yoga course—also at home—how far you can go.
- You will learn step by step how to link the movement to an energizing breathing technique (Ujai breathing). This breathing technique can also be used in your daily life to promote peace, concentration, and composure.
- Anyone can join at any time!