Subtle Body and Yogic Philosophy
September 7-11, 2022
Once you learn the necessary tools to practice asana safely, now it’s time to advance your practice to the inner practices of yoga. Come join Jeanne Heileman on a tour through the subtle layers of the body and move the yoga practice deeper inward. Students will be introduced to the big picture of the Koshas and will learn practices to bring the Pranamaya, Manomaya and Vijnanamaya Koshas alive. We will be supported through study of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Bhagavad Gita, and return to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Each practice will include asana to work with energy, Pranayama and Meditation. Jeanne delivers this seeming intense material in a fun, lively manner to help make it more accessible and useful for the students.
Students will leave the course with the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the Subtle Body in relation to the Gross and Causal Bodies of a being;
- Experience with all five of the Pranavayus and techniques to strengthen each Vayu for optimal health and function of the student;
- Active experience of the Bandhas and how to access these important locks to fully comprehend their value.
- Knowledge of the Nadis and how they work with the physical and energetic layers;
- Systematic awareness of the Chakras with safe procedures that access their qualities and feel their energy;
- Proficiency in sequencing a Pranayama home practice that uses a sound, safe method of gradual development;
- Discriminative skills to view the specific anatomy of the mind and the expertise to detect the most active piece in any moment;
- Experience with Mantra as a powerful healer and tool for concentration and meditation;
- Familiarity with the steps involved in moving towards meditation and tools to conquer many of the obstacles;
- Understanding of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and how to use this ancient knowledge to fuel one’s practice;
- A deep love for the Bhagavad Gita, an ancient scripture, which offers valuable wisdom even in our modern times;
- Skills to establish a Pranayama and Meditation home practice.
This course meets the requirements for those enrolled in The School of Yoga’s 300-Hour teacher training course. For those not taking the training, the Yoga Alliance 50-hours of continuing education credit will be provided by Tantra Flow Yoga™. In order to receive full credit from either school, students are required to attend all sessions and complete assigned homework.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (I recommend the translation by Swami Muktibodhananda.)
- Bhagavad Gita (I recommend the translation by Eknath Easwaran)
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (any translation)
- Yoga & Ayurveda, by David Frawley
- Ayurveda & the Mind, by David Frawley
Jeanne Heileman. – MA, 500-ERYT, YACEP, Founder of Tantra Flow Yoga™, Jeanne brings together over 36 years of yoga study with over 25 years of teaching experience into a style of yoga blending asana, Ayurveda, meditation with the skill to positively effect a student’s energy. She specializes in discovering the needs of an individual and gently guiding a student to their own true essence. Jeanne teaches with sensitivity, generosity of spirit, and a lot of humor. A former ParaYoga Level II Certified Teacher for 8 years, and a senior faculty member of the YogaWorks Teacher Training School, she teaches for Center for Yoga, YogaWorks, Yoga International, Den Meditation and her own Tantra Flow Yoga site. She is often traveling internationally for teaching trainings, workshops and retreats. www.jeanneheileman.com
You will receive a printed manual to this module.
This 50h module is part of the 300h Teacher Training. You have the option to attend it separately and earn a certificate in the end.
650 Euros - if you take this module as a part of the 300h TT
725 Euros - Early Bird until September 7th 2022
750 Euros - the price for this module outside of the 300h TT
For more Information or Registration email us: email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS for the 300H Teacher Training apply to this module.