This Yoga Alliance Certified training is a foundational teacher training. The course is ideal for serious students of yoga as well as aspiring teachers. In this program, we will cover the different elements of yoga that will help you develop a self-practice and inspire you to teach!
This program will provide you with the tools and the knowledge to find your voice as a teacher and start teaching. You will begin by learning to teach the basics as we explore styles from the Ashtanga and Iyengar Methods. Joan also holds a background in meditation, Ayurveda, and different therapeutic studies which she applies to all of her trainings. This training aligns with the authentic traditions as instructed by Krishnamacharya and his students Sri K. Patthabi Jois and B.K.S. Iyengar. We will explore the details of alignments blended in with the dynamic breath based movements learning to create a vinyasa flow class that is accessible to everyone!
You will also deepen your understanding of philosophy, anatomy, subtle body, and chanting.
• The study of asana. (Yoga Postures).
• Anatomy applied to asana.
• The benefits and contraindications of asana and how to make postures accessible for everyone.
• How to work with props.
• The art of reading bodies and performing hands on adjustments.
• How to teach beginners.
• The art of sequencing a vinyasa flow class.
• How to teach a private yoga session.
• The history of yoga.
• Yogic philosophy from the perspective of The Yoga Sutras.
• The subtle body, including: the chakras, vayus, bandhas, and pranayama.
• Restorative yoga.
• Prenatal yoga.
• How to be an effective teacher.
• How to find your authentic voice as a teacher.
• Practice teaching in a group.