To ‘rest’, to ‘relax’ and to ‘restore’ is a natural vital process in our lives. Rest supports optimal physiological functioning, and promotes healing and growth. During rest, one’s autonomic nervous system switches from sympathetic-dominance to parasympathetic-dominance, regeneration and restoration is accelerated. Research has shown that relaxation and rest is essential to everyone of all ages and culture, size and shape.
Why do we practice Restorative Yoga?
- To support health and vitality, an antidote to stress
- To replenish moments of depletion and fatigue at every level
- To restore mental clarity and resilience
- To reconnect to our innate true nature
- To live with capacity for greater awareness and equanimity
- To offer the best version of ourselves to the world
Come and learn the science and art of Restorative Yoga, the skills to practice active relaxation. This immersion supports ample space and time for learning, reflection and integration. Whether your intention is to deepen personal understanding of restorative practices, or to offer it to family / friends, or to teach and share this healing practice, there will be comprehensive coverage of both the theoretical and practical application of restorative yoga.
SYLLABUS & CONTENT
This comprehensive immersion offers 35 hours of study and practice of :
- Fundamental Restorative Poses: Alignment, Energetic expression, Emotional and Psychology of each pose
- Physiology of relaxation, and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Continuum of consciousness
- Relaxation skills / tools
- Sensory & somatic intelligence
- Sequencing a practice
- Variations to adapt and modify, creative use of props
- Teaching skills (In-person and online)
- Adjustments and touch
- Self Practice, Group vs One-to-one Practice
- Five Kosha (Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental, Pure Being)
- The process of reflection and integration
This training qualifies for CPD with YogaAlliance CEP and YAP.